NEA provides employment and internship services and plays a key role in facilitating foreign employment recruitment through private employment agencies.
1 Public Employment Services
- Registration of Kenyans seeking employment
- Linking job seekers with job opportunities
- Assisting employers to acquire workers with appropriate skill sets
- Provision of labour market information especially on employment matters;
- Provision of occupational and vocational guidance and counseling; and
- Provision of advisory services on policy issues touching on employment.
2. Registration of Employment Agencies and Management of Foreign Employment
- Registering and regulating private employment agencies;
- Providing information on registered employment agencies;
- Inspection of private employment agencies to ensure compliance;
- Facilitating the placement of job seekers in international jobs;
- Ensuring implementation of pre-departure training;
- Verifying foreign job offers;
- Verifying availability, terms and conditions of the jobs advertised;
- Investigating Contract breaches and issues that are likely to interfere or terminate employment contract;
- Promoting and protecting of Kenyan labour Migrants and their welfare;
- Collecting labour market information and maintaining data base of Kenyan nationals working in other Countries and;
3 Internship Services
Internship is aimed at empowering youth with practical and employable skills in order to enhance their chances of securing employment. An internship experience at work for graduates from educational and training institutions can be a valuable advantage for their educational and career development.
The Authority is in the process of rolling out an internship programme which will offer the following internship services:
- Seeking for internship opportunities;
- Registration and processing of applications for internship;
- Placement of applicants into internship positions;
- Coordinating internship programmes;
- Providing standards applicable to internship as stipulated in the internship policy;
- Providing a framework for monitoring, evaluating and implementation of internship programmes; and
- Providing a linkage between training institutions and industry, thus contributing to the culture of life-long learning.